Allens Confidential podcast
Disputes, investigations and making mistakes
Contrary to popular opinion, litigation isn't just well-crafted legal arguments and courtroom drama. According to Partner Ross Drinnan, disputes are 'fundamentally about human relationships and helping human interactions that have gone wrong to be put right'. In this episode, Ross joins Senior Associate and co-creator of Allens Confidential, Geneva Sekula, for a candid chat with Caitlin and Will, where they cover everything from early career experiences and mistakes (as well as how to fix them), through to the virtual courtroom and office Cluedo.
What did we talk about?
- The ins-and-outs of disputes and what even the most complex litigation matters are ultimately about
- Early career experiences (including first impressions) and Ross and Geneva's Allens journeys
- Making mistakes and how to fix them
- The excitement and theatre of the courtroom and the impact of COVID (beware the 'crotch shot'!)
- What partners really look for in graduate lawyers
This episode is part of our 2021 series.